Without the assistance of a professional moving company who can and will control your moving costs, even the simplest of moving projects will be complicated and overwhelming. But, we’ll show you all the tricks on how to recognize hidden moving expenses so that you can avoid them! You will especially be able to do that with our amazing moving and storage Florida services that you can book at an affordable price! Our experts will provide you with a full range of premium services and give you an honest estimate of your moving costs.
1. Packing labor and packing supplies
- The packing service and the packing materials are an additional service full-service moving professionals offer. It’s entirely up to you to decide whether you want to pack your household goods by yourself or you prefer to have professional packers take care of your home.
- Ask for the cost estimate and review it carefully to find out every detail of your relocation.
- In order to inflate these hidden moving expenses, some movers could try to assure you that most of your things require special packing materials or additional packing boxes. They can try to convince you that it’s actually necessary for their safe packing and transportation services. But be careful – these always come with hidden moving expenses.
2. Moving insurance
When you sign your Bill of Lading, you automatically get basic coverage which you don’t have to pay for, it’s free of charge. But its a very low coverage rate of just 60 cents per pound per item. It becomes absurd if you hire military movers, then something happens to your flat-screen TV that weighs approx. 30 pounds, you’d just get around $18 for its damage or loss.
One of the most frequently forgotten moving expenses is getting proper moving insurance. You should buy this type of moving insurance called Full Value Protection.
3. Hidden moving costs of the disassembly and re-assembly of furniture
Don’t wait for this surprise – It will cost you money to professionally disassemble large pieces of furniture in your current home. And to later reassemble those pieces in your new house or apartment. Just don’t allow it to be part of your hidden moving expenses, make sure that your moving estimate states it.
4. You should expect hidden moving expenses for handling bulky items
If your items appear to be heavier or oversized, you may be charged with hidden moving expenses. Unexpected moving costs can spring up if you are relocating pianos, pool tables, hot tubs, heavy metal safes. Or any other hard-to-transport items that take up a lot of space in the moving truck.
5. Elevator fees
The hidden moving expenses can come in all shapes and sizes. So, if you live in a high-rise building, remember to speak with the building management and reserve your elevator exclusively for the move. But if your building doesn’t have an elevator, you might get stunned by another one of the unexpected costs of moving.